Sunday, January 4, 2009

Home

Home. Just the word brings a warmth to my heart.A few weeks ago I took the trip home to Canada for Christmas and it has truly been the best Christmas ever. Before I even stepped on Canadian soil I was greeted by over 20 of my closest family and friends who came to the airport to surprise me. As you can see from the picture, they came prepared! haha!




Even the snow was fun!


Yes, I will say it again. It has been the best Christmas ever.
But it's over now and life has to move on. I have to go back to reality.
This reality brings mixed feelings. I was confident that it wouldn't be hard for me to return to Haiti when I left in December. Haiti is finding a special place in my heart and I was sad to leave, so I thought I'd be able to come back quite easily.
However over the past few weeks I've been reminded of all of the things about my Canadian home that I don't have in Haiti : comfort like clean water (hot or cold) straight from the tap and no bugs or critters pestering me, but most of all, a congregation of friends and supporters encouraging and loving me beyond what I could ask for. I am really going to miss all of you and I am trusting the Lord to provide for me in these lacking areas in creative ways, just like He has been doing in the previous months. It's easy for me to get discouraged when I am not encouraged in Haiti like I am so blessed by the support at home, but it prompts me to remember who I am doing this service for. I'm doing it for the Lord, not for anyone else, and so my reward will come from Him someday. I am thankful for the joy of serving Him in Haiti and the blessings I've already been rewarded with in this new place. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers in the coming weeks.

No comments: