Tuesday, August 9, 2011

i thank God i miss you.








Living in two different worlds leaves me with an inevitable reality: No matter where I go, there will always be someone I miss. The faces above capture a very small percentage of some of the dear friends in my life - people that I didn't know I needed 3 years ago.
In 2 weeks I will be returning back to Haiti and reuniting with most of them, only leaving me to miss the ones that I get to be with right now. It's never an easy trade-off one way or the other, but Ben Rector puts a good spin on it.

'Sometimes I feel these words are cheapened by the way they're said, we do not mean them.
From a million miles away words are all I know to say, so I am speaking to you write now...
I thank God I miss you.'

I thank God for bringing such beautiful people into my life.
I thank God for the memories we've shared through the valleys and the summits.
I thank God for each one of you who has shown me a glimpse of what real community and love and joy look like. Thank you for being a shoulder to cry on, a reason to dance, and the most inspiring people I have ever known.
I thank God for bringing you into my life - some for a short time, and some for a lifetime.
I thank God I miss you.

No comments: