Friday, July 1, 2011

My home and native land.

I've been a little MIA on the blog front recently.
I made it home 10 days ago and dove headfirst into a flurry of activity, marrying off my dear friend Vicki, and reuniting with the people I love most.
Today is Canada day and how good it is to be in this beautiful land. I woke up and met my dad on the back porch where we looked out to the open space of the backyard and beyond. The crisp mornings, the mature trees that canopy long country roads, and the shadows cast by the sun going down way past Haiti's 6pm norm is all too wonderful for words.
I'm so thankful today for Canada, and for the other people and places around the world that have captured my heart.
I look forward to sharing these next two months with you, true north strong and free!

No comments: